Managing Director - (High-End Furniture & Lighting)
My client is a leading preeminent design house and production studio, renowned for its contemporary collections of fine furniture and lighting. As they embark on an exciting new chapter of expansion and innovation, they are eager to consolidate its leadership team to drive its vision forward.
- Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Direct Reports: Chief Financial Officer (CFO) & Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic leadership to the company, ensuring alignment with the company's goals and objectives.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO to chart out the future growth and strategic response to industry trends.
- Oversee the management of the company’s operations, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Direct and manage the CFO and COO, fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Spearhead the company's expansion efforts across the USA, U.K., and EMEA markets.
- Drive financial performance and profitability, ensuring sustainability and growth.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and commitment to quality.
- Partner and collaborate with the Founder & CEO, Board and leadership team to align on strategic priorities
- Report to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will be responsible for creating, communicating, and executing sustainable short- and long-term business strategies to drive growth and profitability
- Meet financial goals set in partnership with the Founder, Board and leadership team
- Provide leadership for the development and execution of a holistic long-term strategy that supports the growth goals in all parts of the company
- Continuously evolve the organizational structure to align with strategic priorities while building and mentoring an outstanding leadership team to achieve desired results
- Ensure the correct resources and talent are in place to execute on growth initiatives
- Review the product development strategy to identify ways to drive sales growth
- Define, drive and coordinate sales efforts across trade, contract, wholesale, and e-commerce channels and develop a DTC strategy suitable to today's environment
- Build and leverage new and existing relationships with key vendors and retail partners
- Ensure operational excellence internally as well as externally across the company's supply chain
- Operate with strong cross functional partnerships, driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability
Expertise needed for this role:
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role, preferably within the luxury furniture and lighting industry.
- Full P&L accountability demonstrating high financial acumen and a healthy profitability-oriented mindset
- 15+ years of senior level experience in sales, brand marketing, GTM strategy, and general business leadership specifically in the home furnishings industry
- Strong understanding of business operations, financial management, and market expansion strategies.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to inspire and lead a diverse team towards achieving common goals.
- Passionate about design, innovation, and excellence.