Chief Operating Officer - (Direct-to-Consumer E-commerce brand)
The Chief Operating Officer working closely with the Founder & CEO provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper people and operational controls to effectively grow the organization and ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
Our client is a dynamic, high-growth Direct-To-Consumer Scale-Up and innovative clothing brand that seamlessly combines the world of tailored fashion with the performance demands of athletes. The brand caters to individuals who value both style and functionality, offering them a unique range of clothing that effortlessly transitions from the gym to the boardroom. As the COO, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the operational strategy and driving the growth of the brand. As the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the company. You will collaborate closely with the Founder and other key stakeholders to develop and execute operational strategies that enhance efficiency, streamline processes, and support the achievement of business objectives. This is a newly created role to support the growth of the business, the COO will play a vital role in maintaining the delicate balance between high-quality tailoring and performance-driven sportswear within the brand's offerings.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the daily work and operations of the company and individual teams (Sales, Finance, Marketing, Product, Human Resources, etc.).
- Develop and improve the E-Commerce Supply Chain / Warehouse capabilities to support our direct to consumer strategy
- Drive the company to achieve operational excellence, business goals and objectives.
- Direct the collaboration of departmental activities to ensure the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization are met.
- Motivate and lead the production management team, inventory sourcing and customer experience directors.
- Establish polices that promote a positive company culture and vision
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
Expertise needed for this role:
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or relevant role
- Master’s degree in business or related field and at least ten years in a senior management role.
- Experienced in an apparel manufacturing and distribution business.
- Demonstrated experience with inventory sourcing involving imports and supply chain activities.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operational metrics
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, leadership and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethic.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Demonstrated experience in financial return on investment(ROI) and analysis with previous experience overseeing information technology.